She Wolf is a serial killer who traps her men in the subway in Buenos Aires. She seduces, has sex with them and kills them. But one of those men is a police officer who is investigating her crimes. Running away from him, she meets a dealer with whom she starts a relationship. This romance unravels a war between her three personalities: the monster woman, the sensual woman and the human woman who can still love.
- "A blistering, punk rock take on the Euro-sleaze movies of the late ’60s and early ’70s.... Rising director Tamae Garateguy puts a woman’s touch on her gritty black & white offering for a unique spin with this erotic thriller."
- "“She Wolf” is go for the jugular weirdness but it constantly keeps you watching."
- "At the end of the day, how much you enjoy She Wolf is going to come down to how much you like the idea of low-brow concepts and high-brow aesthetics smashed together in a fun genre cocktail. At the very least, it’s likely to be unlike most other films you see this year – and in this media environment that is often recommendation enough. "
- "She Wolf sounds more like a horror movie and sure this has some kills, but it’s more a thriller to me. It’s well paced and wraps up pretty nicely. Not a bad little hidden flick."
- "“[Garateguy’s] ability to maintain a shadowy and intensely erotic texture throughout most of She Wolf is commendable. Kudos also apply to Sami Buccella’s original punk-rock soundtrack, Catalina Rincon’s edgy editing and Pigu Gomez’ stark black-and-white photography. If the film dissuaded any Argentine horndogs and low-rent lotharios from hitting on women they encounter in public, Garateguy’s mission was served” "
- "“She Wolf is a very uneasy mixture of the arty and the sleazy, with plenty of voracious sex, enough slashing to make blood-and-guts fans relatively happy, and just enough of a germ of a genuinely interesting idea to keep art-film aficionados on their toes.”"
- "“Fans of sexually-charged, arthouse-tinged, experimental horror take note" "
- "“Intense…keep in mind that this is no slasher thriller that’s just out to rack up a body count. It’s a deeper film than your typical horror fare” "
- "“The film is filled with raw sexual energy and the emotional interchanges between men and women and the intense, character-based focus enhance the plot…we get an unruly and utterly fresh perspective on serial killers today.” "
- "“Garateguy's direction and the film's dreamlike black and white photography are often brilliant, with a sort of David Lynch quality that makes it all visually fascinating. Performances are first-rate, and watching the main character's unpredictable switches from one personality to another keeps us in a constant state of keen suspense. We never know which personality will emerge dominant at any given time, or what pandemonium may result. Disturbing yet delightfully intriguing, SHE-WOLF is a bracing dive into the deep end of dark, weird dream cinema and a marvel of fine technical and artistic filmmaking. But best of all, it's a one-way ticket for fans who enjoy the occasional first-class seat on the horror express’ "
Awards & Recognition