Film Movement ("FM") is firmly committed to protecting the privacy of each and every user.
FM occasionally must request that a user provide it with some personal information necessary to fill an order, send the user important messages, and personalize a user's shopping experience.
However, by using the Site (as defined in the Terms and Conditions of Participation), each user consents to FM's collection and use of personal information in the following manner:
- When opening an account with FM, a user must provide his/her name, mailing address, phone number, email address and password. With the user's consent, FM may use this information to contact the user about new releases, bargains and special promotions or giveaways. The user may remove him/herself from FM's mailing list at any time by sending the appropriate email.
- When purchasing an item, FM will require the user's shipping address, billing address and credit card number and expiration date. This information allows FM to process and fulfill the order, and to notify the user of the order's status.
- If the user desires to send information about a FM product to a friend over the Internet, FM will require the friend's email address in order to process this request. FM will not disclose this email address to other parties or send promotional emails to this other address.
- When a user participates in a FM contest or promotional event, FM will require the user's name, mailing address, email address or other relevant personal information so that it can administer the contest and notify winners.
- FM collects general demographic information about its users and shares it with advertisers and business development partners.
- If a user posts a customer review, FM collects the information that is posted.
- If FM receives an email with questions, suggestions or comments, it will collect the sender's email address so that it may respond.
- If a user's order is to be shipped to another address as a gift, FM will need the recipient's name, mailing address and phone number (optional) to fulfill the order.
- When a group or organization, like a film-festival, chooses to become affiliated with FM, it must provide FM with information about the membership of the group or organization.
- Some of the foregoing types of information are used by FM internally to improve how the Site benefits its users.
- If FM is required by law, in the form of a judicial order, judgment or subpoena, or it is necessary to enforce, protect or apply FM's contractual or proprietary rights, it may release such information as is required.
- FM also reserves the right to report any activity that it suspects violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement, officials, regulators or other third parties. In order to cooperate with governmental requests, to protect FM's customers, or to ensure the integrity and operation of FM's business and systems, FM may access and disclose any information it considers necessary or appropriate, including but not limited to user contact details, IP addresses and traffic information, usage history, and posted content.