Ever After (Endzeit)
Two years after zombies have overrun the earth, the German towns of Weimar and Jena are the last hold-outs of human civilization. Two young women, VIVI and EVA, flee the confines of the Weimar zombie-free community. Their journey takes them into a lush and beautiful post-apocalyptic landscape: in the absence of humans, nature has taken over. Finally realizing that the fight against the undead may not be theirs, a new understanding emerges.
A different kind of zombie film. Female written, directed, shot and produced.
- "The alternating light and darkness here, and throughout "Ever After," is a wonderful leitmotif for the women's labyrinthian path, the journey of heroes."
- "A girls' own adventure tale for the darkly inclined, Endzeit - Ever After had its world premiere at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival and is the German feminist zombie film we didn't even know we needed until it came along."
- "Hellgard's second feature is a smart and stylish treat."
- "Between the performances and a director who embeds the film with an entrancing blending of genre and atmosphere, Ever After is a gorgeously made, impeccably acted, drama"
- "Endzeit has definitely become one of my favorite films of the year, and one of my favorites of the genre. It is a refreshing take on not only these horrific creatures but also the meaning behind them and the apocalypse they bring."
- "An extraordinary, poetic and refreshingly unpredictable journey unlike anything you've seen before."
Awards & Recognition
Toronto Int'l. Film Festival
Göteborg Film Festival
Sydney Film Festival