FIND FILM BY
TERMS & CONDITIONS
This Month's Library Film
FOR A WOMAN
Official Selection - Brussels Film Festival
Official Selection - Santa Barbara Int'l Film Festival
"Luminous! [A] beautifully crafted historical melodrama!""
- Boyd van Hoeij, The Hollywood Reporter
"Director Diane Kurys paints an evocative, witty portrait of love, longing, ideology and desolation in post-World War II France. "
- Marci Schmitt, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"This is engrossing stuff, not only in the remarkable details of the parents' lives, but in the psychological nuance with which Kurys imagines them."
- Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
More Great Films
"Anthony Chen's portrait of a family in 1997 Singapore is one of those rare films that manages to capture an entire period within an intimate slice of life. Beautifully acted and precisely observed, Ilo Ilo is an amazing debut, full of heart and intelligence. "
- Ang Lee, Oscar-winning director
"A small gem about how families learn to persevere during the toughest times...Its emotional wallop sneaks up on you!"
- Tim Grierson, ScreenDaily
"The very beating heart and soul of cinematic storytelling."
- Robert Koehler, Film Comment
Official Selection - Karlovy Vary Int'l Film Festival
"Engrossing...pure poetry in motion!"
- Gary Kramer, Philadelphia Metro
"A constant to-and-fro of aspiration and adversity..."
- Shaun Munro, Film School Rejects
"An engaging tale of quiet desperation..."
- Stephen Dalton, The Hollywood Reporter
Winner - Best Actor - Canadian Screen Awards
"An elegantly simple family farming drama [that is]...beautifully shot and impressively performed!"
- Mark Adams, Screen Daily
WILL YOU STILL LOVE ME TOMORROW?
Official Selection - Tribeca Film Festival
"Poignant and heartening. Playfully channeling Woody Allen, Jacques Tati and Jacques Demy."
- Maggie Lee, Variety
"Wry and whimsical!"
- Jordan Mintzer, The Hollywood Reporter
"A cute, rather sweet movie [with] many fine moments!"
- Derek Elley, Film Business Asia
2 AUTUMNS, 3 WINTERS
Official Selection - BFI London Film Festival
"A quirky French indie...filled with oodles of visual flourishes."
- Jordan Mintzer, The Hollywood Reporter
"2 Autumns, 3 Winters is the palpable love of cinema on display!"
- Craig Williams, Cinevue
"Beautifully performedâ?¦[with] an insight rarely touched upon in most films!"
- Sacha Stephan, Reel Good
THE JEWISH CARDINAL
Official Selection - New York Jewish Film Festival
Official Selection - Scottsdale Int'l Film Festival
"[The Jewish Cardinal] reminds us of the possibilities for goodness if there is respect, love and forgiveness between and among cultures and those of faith."
- Carole di Tosti, Blogcritics.com
"Robust, sumptuously produced and impeccably cast!"
- Kurt Brokaw, The Independent
"The Jewish Cardinal is both emotionally rich and intellectually satisfying...handled with rare balance, sense and suitable passion."
- Allen Ellenzweig, The Jewish Daily Forward
- DVD now available to everyone
- Website prices are for in home use only
- Click here to get info about using films outside of the home
Official Selection - Busan Int'l Film Festival
"...A modern tale on contemporary Italy where a love story intertwined with family affairs collides with the materialism of our times."
- Camilla de Marco, Cineuropa
IN THE NAME OF
Winner - Teddy Award - Berlin Int'l Film Festival
"Magnetic! It's a film to be admired."
- Jonathan Romney, Screen Daily
"This is emphatically not a typical melodrama...and thank god for that!"
- Kevin Langson, The Edge San Francisco
"An understated, sensitive film!"
- David Lewis, San Francisco Chronicle
"Absorbing! Uruguayan filmmaking team Ana Guevara and Leticia Jorge's first feature is graced by a disarming lightness of touch."
- David Rooney, The Hollywood Reporter
"Well-observed...relaxed realism [with a] keen eye for the inner workings of a postmodern family."
- Boyd van Hoeij, Variety
THE IRAN JOB
Official Selection - Vancouver Int'l Film Festival
"Exceptional in its storytelling."
- Betsy Sharkey, The Los Angeles Times
"You will be on the edge of your seat."
- Katie Walsh, Indiewire
"(Critic's Pick) Surprisingly timely."
- New York Magazine
Nominated - Tiger Award - Rotterdam Int'l Film Festival