FIND ANY FILM BY
- Awards & Festivals
- DVDs Now on Sale
- Certified Fresh Titles New
- On Blu-Ray New
OUR OTHER LABELS
FILM SETS & MORE
All Access Pass
Titles in Genre Romance
Official Selection - AFI Film Festival
"Uncompromising and stylish...it has extraordinary moments!"
- Michael Wilmington, The Chicago Tribune
"A poetic character study...an involving film!"
FOR A WOMAN
Official Selection - Brussels Film Festival
Official Selection - Santa Barbara Int'l Film Festival
"Luminous! [A] beautifully crafted historical melodrama!""
- Boyd van Hoeij, The Hollywood Reporter
"Director Diane Kurys paints an evocative, witty portrait of love, longing, ideology and desolation in post-World War II France. "
- Marci Schmitt, Minneapolis Star Tribune
"This is engrossing stuff, not only in the remarkable details of the parents' lives, but in the psychological nuance with which Kurys imagines them."
- Ben Sachs, Chicago Reader
FOR MY FATHER
Nominated - Best Supporting Actor - Award of the Israeli Film Academy
"Quite simply the most powerful and moving films I can remember seeing in years!"
- Eric Alterman, The Huffington Post
"Rich, moving [and] beautifully performed...I absolutely and unequivocably recommend it!"
- James van Maanen, TrustMovies.com
"A satisfying small film with a generous helping of privileged moments in which the characters can just be."
- George Robinson, The New York Jewish Week
FULL MOON IN PARIS
"Ranks with the very best of Rohmer. Enlightened self-deception is the system in this tiny universe, and it's invigoratingly comic to behold."
- Vincent Canby, The New York Times
"It's as elegant and incisive a comedy of manners as ever from Rohmer."
- Geoff Andrew, Time Out London
"Out of this Lubitschian tangle Rohmer finds Le Beau Mariage in reverse, and couches it in terms of pure rhythm still unappreciated by bookish critics."
Official Selection - Busan Int'l Film Festival
"...A modern tale on contemporary Italy where a love story intertwined with family affairs collides with the materialism of our times."
- Camilla de Marco, Cineuropa
Winner - Best First Feature Film - Berlin Int'l Film Festival
GINGER AND CINNAMON
Official Selection - European Union Film Festival
"Ginger and Cinnamon is an unpretentious romp about a 14-year-old determined to lose her virginity on a Greek island."
- Deborah Young, Variety
Official Selection - Karlovy Vary Int'l Film Festival
"Engrossing...pure poetry in motion!"
- Gary Kramer, Philadelphia Metro
"A constant to-and-fro of aspiration and adversity..."
- Shaun Munro, Film School Rejects
"An engaging tale of quiet desperation..."
- Stephen Dalton, The Hollywood Reporter
HELENA FROM THE WEDDING
Official Selection - SXSW Film Festival
"Beautifully modulated! Full of both the ache and the joy of real life."
- Jon Frosch, The Hollywood Reporter
"Funny as hell! Helena From The Wedding boasts a strong ensemble cast...piercing humor...[and] a bittersweet sting that brings a smile to our faces and a lump in our throats."
- Cullen Gallagher, Hammer to Nail
"The acting performances are all perfect...It is a brutally realistic depiction of the trials and tribulations of 30-something couples and their friendships."
- Don Simpson, Smells Like Screen Spirit
Winner - Best Ensemble Jury Award - LA Film Festival
"First-time writer-director Adam Reid has a lightly endearing touch!"
- Kyle Smith, The New York Post
"A small beauty of a film!"
- Marshall Fine, The Huffington Post
- Stephen Holden, The New York Times
IF I WANT TO WHISTLE, I WHISTLE
Winner - Grand Jury Prize Silver Bear - Berlin Int'l Film Festival
"OUTSTANDING! Raw & fearlessly unpolished! A worthy addition to the new wave of Romanian cinema!"
- Dan Fainaru, Screen International
"Wildly dynamic! A new face for Romanian cinema!"
- Benjanmin Mercer, The L Magazine
"A memorable first feature! Understatement only heightens the sense of smoldering resentment."
- J. Hoberman, The Village Voice